Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bminor

I was just sitting here strumming on "my" guitar. I put quotes around the "my" because technically the guitar is not mine, but the person who I am borrowing it from is most assuredly out of the country and won't be back to get the guitar for another 2 1/2 years at least, maybe more. I'm excited to be able to use the guitar, because as you can imagine, I can't afford one of my own. I'm not the best guitarist, of course, I'm just learning, but in my learning, I've decided that there are a few things I love about playing guitar and a few things I DON'T. One of the things that I don't love is the Bminor chord. Bar chords in general are a huge pain to me. I hope that over time and practice, these will get easier to play. Please tell me that they'll get easier. Otherwise, I think I'll make up some new chords and play them instead. Maybe, I just need to begin to look at frustration as my friend. Maybe??

2 comments:

SunnyD said...

There's a "cheater" way to play Bminor if the bar chord is too much of a pain for you. It probably doesn't sound as pure, though. Most bar chords can be played another way.

jendove said...

you know you can't cheat until you can play the real thing well. i won't let you. just loosen your wrist, make your finger flat against the neck and keep practicing. :) it will only get easier if you don't give up.