Monday, June 02, 2008

i don't wanna have to work so hard for my food

We went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner tonight. It was a bunch of fun for Renee's birthday. Several of the girls were eating crab legs, and I made the comment about how this is just too much work for my food. I completely spoke that out of not wanting to pull meat out of a shell, but what would it mean in other contexts. As an average Westerner, I'm lazy. I don't have to catch anything in the lake over the hill. I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even have to cook my own food if I don't want to. What is that? I am spoiled by everyone around me doing all of the work. Sure, I know that this isn't a new topic that is profound or new...I just wish that I could stop myself from saying such apathetic things before they blurt out of my mouth. I feel like a sloth. Somebody teach me to cook!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know it's bad when I'm too lazy to make Easy Mac or Ramen but I'll grind my own coffee beans and boil water to use in the French press....