Sunday, April 27, 2008

home again?

I've been back in Florida for a couple of days now. Its been great to rest from so much running amuck (as my friend Jen says) in Texas. It was, of course, good and productive running. And, it was also pretty exhausting. I'm grateful for exhaustion as opposed to sickness (which I'm pretty sure that my body is fighting at the moment). I really wanted to readdress this 'home' thing. Here's why...I've been so-called 'back home' so many times in my life. I don't like calling a place home just because that's where all of my stuff is, but the reality of life is that there is comfort in being in that place. Its nice to be able to unpack everything in a place, no matter where that place is located. Does this make sense? I'm thankful for a place to lay my head and a room of my own, but I'm still not sure what this really means. If you know, please tell me. I guess its good that I mostly feel like an alien here, huh?

No comments: