Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Home?

To those of you who know me, you know that I'm about as rootless as they come. Growing up as an army brat, I went to 8 different schools. In my opinion, thats a bunch. And, I don't remember any, but maybe one, of those places feeling like home. When I came back to Houston this time, that changed somewhat. Landing at IAH, driving south on I45, stopping at Starbucks on Bay Area...all of this seemed normal and right and good. I'm only guessing that this is what people feel like when they come home from being away for a long time. Its been very surreal. This has never happened to me before. I don't really know a place called "home". Houston has surprised me. I won't stay here, but I am already thinking of when I'll come back again. I like this feeling comfortable in a place. (I'm sure the restlessness would settle back in again if I were here a few years, but I'm not talking about that on right now.) I wanna hear about home for you guys. Is it comfortable there for you?

No comments: